Advanced Address Field Geolocation
Gravity Forms plugin comes with an advanced address field built in. Gravity Geolocation add-on integrates with this address field as well and allows you to sync it with a geocoder and use it for geocoding an address.
You can also enhance the address field with Google Places address autocomplete and with a locator button. When enabled, you will see an additional field added to the address field. This field will serve as the Google address autocomplete field and if the locator button is enabled, the locator icon will be placed inside this field.
The additional field options that Gravity Forms Geolocation add-on adds to the advanced address field are listed below:
- Geocoder ID - select the geocoder field ID which you'd like to sync the address field with.
- Enable Locator Button - Display a locator icon inside the address field which, once clicked, would dynamically retrieve the user's current position.
- Location found message - enter a message that will popup one the current location successfully found by the locator button. For example, "Location found!". You can leave the field blank if you do not want to display a message.
- Enable Address Autocomplete - enable Google Places address autocomplete which provides the front-end user with live suggested results while typing an address. This way the user does not have to type the full address. Rather, he can quick choose it from the suggested results.
- Address Autocomplete Bounds - Set bounds to display suggested results based on. Enter single or multiple sets of coordinates ( latitude and longitude comma separated ) when each set is follow by the | character.
- Restrict Autocomplete Results - you can restrict the suggested results to a single country by choosing the country from the drop-down menu.
- Autocomplete Placeholder - entere a text that will be used as the placeholder of the address autocomplete field.
- Field Description - enter a description that will be displayed below the address autocomplete field. Otherwise, leave blank for no description.
- Custom Field Name - Gravity Forms Geolocation add-on enables the custom field option for the advanced address field. This way, when creating a post, you can save the address fields value as an array in a custom field of your choice. This option is also important when using the "Gravity Forms : Update Post" add-on; It makes it possible to have the address fields value auto-populated with the saved values when updating a post.